Tuesday 13 April 2010


On loan Stockport County striker Jabo Ibehre has refused to rule out the possibility of making his move permanent at the end of the season.

The 27-year-old is on loan from fellow League One side MK Dons until the end of the campaign and is highly thought of by Hatters manager Gary Ablett.

The burly frontman has scored twice in 10 games since arriving at Edgeley Park in January and remains upbeat about the team’s chances of survival despite County taking just one point from a possible 12 following Tuesday nights 1-0 defeat to fellow strugglers Oldham, leaving them 13 points adrift at the bottom.

However the club’s position has not stopped Ibehre from enjoying his football and he is determined to keep his options open come the summer.

“I take each day as it comes,” he said.

“I hope to do well and put myself in a strong position in the summer. I’m enjoying it here at the moment. I’m getting my fitness back and I would be over the moon if I could score some more goals as well, that is in the back of my mind.

“Hopefully we can get some good results.”

With takeover talks continuing to stumble County look no nearer to exiting administration but Ibehre insists that the situation has not affected the player’s performances.

“I ignore what goes on behind the scenes,” he stated.

“I am here to play football and do the best I can on the pitch. What goes on off the pitch is nothing to do with us and sometimes it is used as an excuse for players.

“We can take care of matters on the pitch but not the financial side off it so I don’t get too concerned about it.”

The former Leyton Orient ace admits he has settled well to life in the North West and added that the club had gone out of their way to make all the loanees feel welcome.

“When I was told about joining Stockport I was told I would be playing a game just a few days later so things happen quickly,” he pointed out.

“I have enjoyed it and settled down pretty quickly to be fair so I have been able to concentrate on my football.

“The club have been paying for our accommodation and they have been really good to us. I am enjoying playing football at the moment and it has been a pleasure.”

No comments: